The Prairie State Incubator Company was founded in 1887. Incubators produced at the factory were used for raising chicks from eggs. By 1913 the incubator factory was reported to be the largest in the world. The railroad (now the Hoodlebug Trail) was used to ship the incubators to market. Beginning in 1937 the site was the home of the Syntron Company and later the FMC Corporation. The FMC Homer City plant is scheduled to close by March 2007.

Back to Hoodlebug Trail